[Opensim-dev] Region - Estate Maps and Estate Names

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 13:50:36 UTC 2011

Hi Justin, I see you making commits to 0.7.1 dev master related to
making the setting up of new regions and the mapping to Estates easier.

I just looked at our core data base and I can see 18 regions in that
and 18 estates numbered 100 to 1017.. all with Estate name "My
Estate".  Will this be typical.  I did think I had added all regions
to ONE estate and left that with the default name of My Estate.. but
obviously that's not the way it worked.

Will there be confusion with the new prompts if we have 18 "My
Estate" named estates?  (and maybe in some grids thousands)?

Would you anyway recommend that I manually rename the estates and
remap the regions to the ones intended?  Or is it all best left alone?