[Opensim-dev] HG Friends/IM Tests on 0.7.2 Dev

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 16:44:26 UTC 2011

>Diva Canto wrote:
>There's some improvements left to be done. Here's how it works currently.
>If you go elsewhere and you meet someone local in range, the sim will
>send the local name to your viewer. From then on, your viewer always
>associates that person's UUID with the name that it got. Friends does
>the right thing, as you saw in the table. So for now, if you want to see
>the correct display, you need to clear the viewer's cache at some point.

Got it, you had mentioned before that the viewer would cache
this.  That explains why it persisted across roll backs of my
database!  Thanks.  Easily fixed.  My many viewer caches now being
cleared to get back to a tidy state!

One issue I had was that I have the same avatar name on many grids
(all with different UUIDs of course).  And for convenience I made
some of them HG friends for tests. I have now set up a specific new
name OSGrid avatar for the tests so as not to get this friends name
and caching issue.

I think going offline across grids is NOT yet pushing through to the
friends list... do you believe it is?

And off-line messaging for me is definitely not working, Does German
Grid have Offline IMs Bernd?  If so can you see if its still working
on the regions you have the new HG Friends/IM enabled?