[Opensim-dev] [opensource-dev] Where is MXP implementation ?

Toni Alatalo toni at playsign.net
Sat Jan 22 10:28:33 UTC 2011

On Jan 22, 2011, at 8:39 AM, Rustam Rakhimov wrote:
> Thank you Toni, but can you be more narrow. Because when I search "LLUDP" in source code of rexviewer i couldn't find anything. May be it calls by other way.

Quite possible, perhaps Linden calls it 'the protocol' :)

> I just wanna see that part in source code and learn in detail. So could you please tell me where exactly that source code is in rexviewer.

Unfortunately I can not, because I must remain able to contribute to opensim, so must respect the contributions policy which denies reading Linden code. Back when rexviewer was developed ( 3 years ago) I was working with scripting on the server side and some separate libomv using apps -- only with Naali etc. have worked on a viewer.

I can give a very good hint, though! There is a message template with the names and definitions of all the Linden messages, probably searching for those names solves it for you. in Naali repo that file is at https://github.com/realXtend/naali/blob/develop/bin/data/message_template.msg . So search for e.g. "ObjectUpdate" or "ParcelBuyPass".

For further discussion, I think fora with people who actually work with the Linden code would work better for you. Like possibly sl-dev mailing list and imprudence viewer dev. Do feel free to post to rex-dev too. For opensim-dev I think is off topic so let's stop cross-posting there.

> - Rustam

~Toni