[Opensim-dev] Naming of file OpenSimDefaults.ini

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 10:07:48 UTC 2011

One things I noticed as I make use of 0.7.1 dev master is that the
alphabetical sorted position in the bin directory for the file
OpenSimDefaults.ini always seems to be oddly placed...

I can see only two files that have that style of naming for OpenSim
file sin bin... that one and OpenSimExport.exe.config

Can a renaming of the file to OpenSim.Defaults.ini be considered by
the core Devs head of a 0.7.1 release?

While looking at that area, I see an old script there opensim-ode.sh
to start OpenSim with mono using ODE.  Since ODE is now the default,
and simple startup scripts with variants are easily written, could
this be a good time to remove the file from the distribution ahead of 0.7.1