[Opensim-dev] OpenSim release candidate packages now listed on download wiki page. Also, config pages overhauled.

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 22 23:01:27 UTC 2011

Hi folks.

As mentioned yesterday on https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/opensim-users/2011-April/007029.html, the binary and source
packages for 0.7.1-rc1 (release candidate 1) are now listed on http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download

I have also gone through the wiki config pages and overhauled them somewhat, both for general clarity and to address
OpenSim 0.7.1-rc1 specific changes.  In particular, I hope that http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Configuration is better.
I updated the grid setup instructions and successfully followed them from scratch with two separate machines (Windows XP
and Ubuntu 10.10) on a local LAN.

I also created a new page that talks about the structure of OpenSim configuration files (particularly the new
OpenSimDefaults.ini in 0.7.1-rc1),

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Configuring_Simulator_Parameters

It's a work in progress but any edits for clarity or sense would be much appreciated.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog