[Opensim-dev] Server problem while Helicopter scripting

Wade Schuette wade.schuette at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 19:48:28 UTC 2011

OpenSim has some tighter restrictions than Second Life on LSL syntax.
Have you tried fixing the problem it is reporting?  It seems to think you
have a string with single quote mark (') around it that has a carriage
return in the middle of it, which it won't compile.   You actually may have
several of those, depending on how you copied the script from Heaton and
moved it into OpenSim.

There are a few other restrictions, such as   "if (test) x;" won't compile,
but "If (test) { x; }  will.  (the curly braces {} are required.  The error
message on that syntax "error" is much more confusing.

Oh - I have never been able to get a vehicle to fly in OpenSim, nor have I
ever seen one fly.   There may be an issue with "hover" or "buoyancy".  I'm
not sure about it.

 Anyone else have a vehicle flying script that works?

Wade

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Eldor Primov <elikpr86 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I want to make helicopter, but can not fly. I looked through all script in
> viewer and i am sure that problem is in server side.
> When I am pressing Page UP helicopter should fly, but it does not. At that
> time server side(Realxtend-server 0.5) gives note(or error) like: *ExecutePythonCommand
> exception IronPython.Runtime.Exceptions.PythonSystaxErrorException:EOL while
> scanning single-quoted string *
> So I tried another server (RealXtend 04), but it can not compile the
> script.
> I have got helicopter script from Heaton Research web page.
>
> Thank you

R. Wade Schuette, CDP, MBA, MPH
6751 Scio Church Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48103-9270