[Opensim-dev] Server problem while Helicopter scripting

Toni Alatalo toni at playsign.net
Wed Apr 13 18:21:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 14:11 -0400, Teravus Ovares wrote:
> It's like...   if you were quoting someone and left off the end quote.
>    Someone reading it would have a hard time knowing the difference
> between what the person said that you're quoting and what you're
> saying.   The compiler has that issue also with strings.

I think that is the correct interpretation of that Python exception.

Based on quick googling, Heaton Research only seems to have LSL scripts
-- not IronPython rexscript for Opensim+ModRex.

Perhaps the original poster's problem is that instead of putting LSL
code in a LSL script, he was putting it in a rexscript .py file (which
are more like opensim region modules).

I didn't find a nice tutorial with screenshots, but basically it works
so that you must select the object from inventory in the slviewer gui
and go to contents of the object and put the script there.
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Tutorial is Linden's tutorial about
it.

And if this indeed is a LSL usage issue, is only using opensim core
stuff (also in rexserver) and not rex specific (although the error
message was).

> -Teravus

~Toni