[Opensim-dev] If MIcrosoft buys LL, impact on OpenSIm?

Rob Nelson nexisentertainment at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 21:28:55 UTC 2010

  Yeah, great idea.  Turn all of the comparatively efficient Linux
servers into Windows Server 2008 servers that all require another 4GB of
memory just to keep running, and frequent security updates to avoid
worms.  That and they'd change from MySQL to MSSQL, which would make the
asset and data server pools even slower than they are now.  Pay $400/mo
for even worse services.

Unless, of course, MS has a plan to fix all of Second Life's
longstanding issues and increase efficiency.

Rob