[Opensim-dev] [opensim 0005007]: Some scripts require installing more than the default mono release

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Mon Sep 27 18:39:06 UTC 2010

Since Mono has the CodeDom stuff, it makes no sense to omit the
compiler. At least enough of the compiler stuff has to be included
to make CodeDom work.
If CodeDom libs are included, but the coompiler is not, that is a
broken installation causing difficult to diagnose failures.

I call that a bug. Shipping mono without a compiler isn't proper
unless the CodeDom part of the libraries is also packaged with the
compiler.

CodeDom transparently executes the compiler and will fail in
nonobvious ways if it's not there.

Melanie