[Opensim-dev] [opensim 0005007]: Some scripts require installing more than the default mono release

Mike Dickson mike.dickson at hp.com
Mon Sep 27 13:50:11 UTC 2010

  On 09/26/2010 09:29 PM, Melanie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first off, it's not a change in mono. It's a change in how
> distributions package mono. It means that the Debian packagers seem
> to be at fault.

Pretty much every major distro I'm aware of ships Mono as runtime and
development packages to support applications *using* mono but not
requiring development. Fedora, Debian based distros like Ubuntu, etc.,
have been this way for a while.  This isn't a distro bug. It makes
perfect sense for the distros to do this so a mono runtime exists where
its needed.

That being said, its not an issue with OpenSim, other than perhaps a
dependency that could be noted in release notes.

Mike