[Opensim-dev] Global identifiers

Karen Palen karenpalensl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 17:28:02 UTC 2010

More to the point there is simply no way to determine which of two versions
of the object (or whatever) are the genuine "original".

This is an exact analog of web site images today there are all kinds of
schemes which will detect the casual or inadvertent copying, but nothing
which cannot be defeated. thepiratebay.org provides endless examples of
this!

Karen