[Opensim-dev] Megaregion tiles on the map and the prim count in megaregions.

M.E. Verhagen marceled9 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 07:50:31 UTC 2010

Yes you right. You should be able to that. I hope the megaregion part will
be updated so that is possible.

This is what happens:

The combineregions setting in the opensim.ini combines the regions. It glues
them together like 4 pieces of paper.

When you would want:

cd
ab

gh
ef

then opensim will try to glue those regions together. To something like
this: (I think that is where the disappearing regions come from)

cz
ad
gb
eh
zf

But that is not what you want.

There is a workaround,

create three copies of your opensim dir

with each a different regins.ini file

One with the xyz regions: (with megaregions set to false)

One with the abcd regions with megaregions set to true in opensim.ini

And one with the efgh region with megaregions set to true.

Start one opensim as you normally do.

And in the other two just opensim.exe

So then you have one instance of Robust.exe running and three of opensim.exe

That should work. Multiple opensim.exe can connect to one Robust serices.
Most of the time this is done from different machines, but I see no reason
why it should not work from one machine.