[Opensim-dev] Wormhole in OpenSIM?

Marck marck00 at nexgo.de
Tue Oct 26 07:22:06 UTC 2010

Mentolyptus, to achieve what you want with these "wormholes", you must convince the operator/administrator of the grid to set a link-region to one of the regions in your own grid/standalone. Hence I think there is not a need to have this functionality implemented in OpenSim core (because it's already there) but rather have the grid operator provide a service which creates such a link.

If we take OSgrid as an example, they could offer a functionality on their website that allows you to enter both a hypergrid address and region coordinates; with these specified data, a link-region would then be created on OSgrid.

Maybe you want to suggest the addition of such a "wormhole" service in the OSgrid forums?