[Opensim-dev] Any objections to shipping a "Ruth" to maintain the out-of-the-box OpenSim download experience?

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Sat Oct 23 08:21:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

first off, we need the "ruth", not just for new users, but also for
re-ruthing in the case of stuck attachments, etc. An avatar without
any clothing resources simply can't be a cloud.
Also, that would take care of viewers that don't send all of the
items, or don't send them late.

There already is a functionality to create user appearances and
inventories in RemoteAdmin.

I'm -1 on making a default appearance a default behavior, because
all grids have web interfaces that do this, and adding this as a
default would break them.

As a configurable option, of course, I'm all for it. It would have
to be a function of either the user server or the login server to
trigger it, and the code itself would need to reside in the
inventory server.

Melanie