[Opensim-dev] Srikata ClientView, any users?

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Sun Oct 3 19:26:48 UTC 2010

On su, 2010-10-03 at 10:49 -0700, diva at metaverseink.com wrote:
> BTW, RealXtend folks: I would love to see WebSockets in OpenSim. If you
> already have that, please share!

We don't, and all we have is out in the open. Like tried to say below,
the c# thing we tried to use is in SimianSim (written by J. Hurliman)
but he has only tested connecting to it with some c# test client, and
actual web browsers didn't connect to it when we tried 'cause it didn't
do the websocket handshake right.

The simple stupid excuse of a websocket sim server we have is in
http://github.com/realXtend/naali/blob/develop/bin/pymodules/websocketserver/websocketserver.py
.. the simplest possible hack we could do to get client development
going.

The current client that can talk with that is at
http://github.com/therauli/WebNaali .. but it also is not much. yet
We'll test and add more stuff in the coming weeks and see if that goes
anywhere. Is a small experimental side thing, but I do think it can work
for relatively simple scenes with basic functionality.

~Toni