[Opensim-dev] Limit of users

Michael Cerquoni nebadon2025 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 05:39:29 UTC 2010

I would say currently the upper end of users connecting to OpenSimulator is
around 50 users max even on the best hardware, i personally do not thing
there is anything you can do to improve that at this time, at Osgrid he have
had as many as 86 users on 1 sim, but performance was terrible.
OpenSimulator is just not optimized enough for more than about 50 users and
even at 50 its not going to run very well, a more realistic limit is
probably around 30-40 real avatars.  Hope this helps.

Michael Emory Cerquoni - Nebadon Izumi @ http://osgrid.org