[Opensim-dev] missing LSL functions, events

w f wm_fry at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 15:39:20 UTC 2010

LOL - excessive multitasking has to take cycles from somewhere. For me, my
"common sense" processor starts to hiccup.

So, you're words are very encouraging. I looked into mini Region Modules (MRMs)
- very, very exciting! The MRM framework seems like it will be the perfect
solution once it's matured. (Linden Lab should have gone this way from the
get-go.) Region Modules (RMs), while powerful, aren't "user scripts;" I'm
definitely seeking an in-object scripting solution.

So just to recap, the two ways of accessing the core of OpenSim is via RMs and
MRMs, correct? (Again - my primary reason for wanting such lower-level access is
to compensate for the missing LSL functionality as implemented within
OpenSim/Xengine. A nice boon would be having the ability to overcome the
inherent limitations of LSL as implemented by Linden Lab.) I'm assuming that
starting an in-object script with "//c#" does *not* make it an MRM; the C#
examples on the OpenSim web site illustrate a more "simplistic" syntax whereas
the examples on Adam's MRM web site are more rigidly structured, OO C#. So until
the MRM framework is ready for consumption by the masses, where can I find out
what's (not) available to in-object "//c#" scripts?

Thanks!
- Liam

Man,
Talk about butchering the language! Sorry about my less than optimal phraseology
- too much multitasking I reckon ;)
Cheers!

Hi Liam! and welcome :)

--