[Opensim-dev] OpenSim Physics

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Nov 30 11:07:01 UTC 2010

On ti, 2010-11-30 at 11:41 +0100, Melanie wrote:
> I'm sorry, I can't give any advice on Taiga.

The physics when using Taiga, i.e. opensim+modrex, are the same ODE
physics that are used with vanilla opensim. Afaik the only difference is
that modrex also has code that can feed ode the geom from Ogre meshes.

To test you basically just put an object in-world and walk against it
with your avatar and see if you collide :) In current Naali works with
drag&drop from the web, as documented in
http://wiki.realxtend.org/index.php/Getting_Started_with_Naali#Version_0.3.3_.282.11.2010.29 and demonstrated in this video: http://www.youtube.com/user/pallarim#p/a/u/1/uL4M__dCSnk

To improve it, search for the ODE physics module in Opensimulator
sources.

> Melanie

~Toni