[Opensim-dev] How much does Mono -> libgdi etc need to drag in? (Mac)

Daniel Smith javajoint at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 18:35:43 UTC 2010

Thanks for the feeedback.  I think my intermediate plan is to put out
what I have for the Mac, and require that the user have Mono installed.
(the "Daring Developer" edition, if you will...)

That will give the MacSimStick project a nice checkpoint - it will be usable
to some.

The real goal is to sort out the mono/x11 stuff without turning the download
into something crazy big.

As for running Linux off the stick, that's really a different project.
 I'm trying to
get the Mac folks going on OpenSim side-by-side with what they are
already doing.

When it comes time for someone to tackle a *NixSimStick, they'll get it
running easily enough, but will have to deal with all the distros out there :)
(I mean running OpenSim off the stick, not booting a whole a kernel, etc)

Daniel