[Opensim-dev] Clarification on Licencing and Moving Forward as a Community

Karen Palen karenpalensl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 22:02:46 UTC 2010

As a minimum the OpenSimulator project should form an LLC if only to
have a "foil" to protect contributors from lawsuit/"patent" predators!

That is exactly what an LLC is designed to do!

In Arizona an LLC can be formed for US$120 and I would be happy to do
the paperwork if there is a consensus on this ( I have formed a total of
8 LLCs, although I am NOT an Attorney. I am a "Patent Agent", but that
ONLY applies to patents.)

Karen