[Opensim-dev] Clarification on Licencing and Moving Forward as a Community

Crista Lopes lopes at ics.uci.edu
Mon Nov 1 21:09:58 UTC 2010

We're not lawyers either. That's why the project has consulted with
lawyers for this. The rules originally came from IBM legal (if I'm not
mistaken, although I wasn't here when that happened) and from a lawyer
based in San Diego who has recently reinforced the need for them, again.
He explained the options to move beyond them, and that's the advice that
we are following.