[Opensim-dev] Crash on 0-.7 RC2 when deleting object... anyone recognize this sort of thing?

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 20:03:05 UTC 2010

On 29/06/10 20:58, Ai Austin wrote:
> On Justin's suggestion, I ran in a preopened console window... and only
> get one extra line.. "Process is terminated due to
> StackOverflowException.". This error has been introduced between 13090
> and 13144. Anyone recognize it as related to changes they have made?

As a next step, I would suggest finding the exact revision at which the problem was introduced for you by conquer and
divide.

Git actually has some nice built-in facilities for this via git bisect.  Not sure how or if these are exposed in GUI tools.

> 20:47:50 - [SCENE]: Starting send to inventory loop
> 20:47:50 - [SCENE]: Sending object to user's inventory, 1 item(s)
> remaining.
>
> Process is terminated due to StackOverflowException.
>

> At 20:10 29/06/2010, Ai Austin wrote:
>> It briefly flashes up "StackOverflowException" as the Opensim.exe
>> console crashes. Unfortunately, there is no log in Opensim.log after
>> the 2 lines reported.
>>
>> At 18:09 29/06/2010, Ai Austin wrote:
>>> Since I changed to 0.7 RC2 I am finding I get a crash ever time I try
>>> to delete an object that I placed in the region as a test... the two
>>> lines before Opensim.exe crashes are as follows:
>>>
>>> Opensim.exe Opensim.log
>>>
>>> 2010-06-29 17:54:51,663 DEBUG -
>>> OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.AsyncSceneObjectGroupDeleter [SCENE]:
>>> Starting send to inventory loop
>>> 2010-06-29 17:54:51,666 DEBUG -
>>> OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.AsyncSceneObjectGroupDeleter [SCENE]:
>>> Sending object to user's inventory, 1 item(s) remaining.
>>

>> Wierdly, I was able to move back to SVN 13190 (pre 0.7 RC2) and I
>> could delete the objects fine then...
>>
>> but then shifting back to 0.7 RC2 (SVN 13144) the objects have been
>> removed, as I hoped...
>>
>> BUT... in 13144 I can simple create a new simple one prim box and then
>> later try to delete it and I get the crash...using the master avatar
>> for the region I am on... move back again to 13090 (changing the MySQL
>> connection string in that setup to incpude Old Guids=true; of course)
>> and it works and deletes fine... is everyone else okay with this version?

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc