[Opensim-dev] Opensim 0.7 tidying up the MySQL DB connection string

Michael Cerquoni nebadon2025 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 14:13:56 UTC 2010

I have to say so far this new MySQL connector has been absolutely nothing
but trouble for Frank Nichols and myself testing Migration from 0.6.9 to
0.7,  All throughout the testing we have had nothing but failure after
failure from this new MySQL connector that has been introduced.  It has been
nearly impossible to move forward on to 0.7 because of this,  I have no
doubt that this will be a major problem for everyone to migrate over if you
have even what seems like the most minimal amounts of data.   At this time i
really have to give this new connector a -1.   Can someone please explain to
me why the Original MySQL connector that seemed to work perfectly for years
has now been replaced with one that constantly times out during migrations
and gives nothing but trouble with DNS, requires us to use additional
connection string settings, and basiclly makes moving on to 0.7 impossible
for myself and others??  I must be missing something here!

Michael Emory Cerquoni - Nebadon Izumi @ http://osgrid.org