[Opensim-dev] Opensim 0.7 tidying up the MySQL DB connection string

AlexRa info at adeptsql.com
Fri Jun 18 13:06:07 UTC 2010

AA> But I note that I has "pooling=false;" in my own string though its
AA> not been in the example ini files for a while.  Anyone know what this
AA> does and if its wise to keep it in the string if I had a working
AA> 0.6.9 system with it there before?

Hello Ai,

Can't tell you why the "pooling=false;" was there in the 1st place, but
I've noticed that it did cause connection failures on a Windows box during
performance testing (thousands mySQL requests in a loop, each with
connect/disconnect). The error didn't happen without the "pooling=false;"
option. I don't know if that affects mySQL on Linux as well.

Best regards,

Alex