[Opensim-dev] llGiveInventory Issues

catch3 at holotech.net catch3 at holotech.net
Wed Jun 16 22:32:24 UTC 2010

I've asked about this in the SLUniverse OpenSim forum and the OpenSim
users list with no luck; hopefully someone here can shed some light or
point me in the right direction.

I'm having trouble with llGiveInventory(). I have a script which has
been in production in SL for over a year. When I tested it in the late
Legend City last year it would deliver only if the recipient were
online, in the same sim as the object. I'm testing it now in 3rd Rock
Grid, and getting weird results. It will deliver to me (again, if I'm
online and in the same sim), but not to others, regardless of status
or location. I tried creating a basic script to test the function
with:

default {
    touch_start() {
        key     keyRecipient = llGetOwner();
        llGiveInventory(keyRecipient, "3RG Test Object");
    }
}

When the event is triggered, I get:

Tester: System.Reflection.TargetParameterCountException: Parameter count mismatch.

Server stack trace:
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)

   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)

   at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.ScriptBase.Executor.ExecuteEvent(String state, String FunctionName, Object[] args) in c:\OPENSIM_GIT\opensim\OpenSim\Region\ScriptEngine\Shared\Api\Runtime\Executor.cs:line 180

   at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.ScriptBase.ScriptBaseClass.ExecuteEvent(String state, String FunctionName, Object[] args) in c:\OPENSIM_GIT\opensim\OpenSim\Region\ScriptEngine\Shared\Api\Runtime\ScriptBase.cs:line 95

   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._Pr

Any ideas? What is the status of llGiveInventory() in OpenSim?

--
Siann Beck