[Opensim-dev] Release 0.7 RC1 is out

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 14:29:45 UTC 2010

Looking at the Robust.HG.ini.example file, and assuming I want to use
old style user authentication... and I right in believing that the
defaults will all use the legacy tables?

I am not sure what new style would mean in terms of a migration for
avatar UUID and for many objects owned by avatars, we have tens of
thousands of objects/prims that we of course want to stay intact and
owned/editable by the original avatars after the move to 0.7.

Default for Realm in AuthenticationService is not stated in the
Robust.HG.ini.example and Robust.ini.example files... they ought to
be for clarity.

But in Robust.ini.example I see that Realm is given and commented out
but it is set to "useraccounts" (new approach?) not "users" which it
ought to be for consistency?

--- extract from Robust.ini.example -----------------

; * This is the new style user service.
; * "Realm" is the table that is used for user lookup.
; * It defaults to "users", which uses the legacy tables
; *
[UserAccountService]
     ; for the server connector
     LocalServiceModule =
"OpenSim.Services.UserAccountService.dll:UserAccountService"
     ; Realm = "useraccounts"