[Opensim-dev] Recommended Approach for Voice for Opensim

Michael Cerquoni nebadon2025 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 20:20:12 UTC 2010

I think this module has basically self deprecated itself because no one is
maintaining it, it was not really planned but someone needs to step up and
maintain it, something most of the current core developers are just to busy
to do right now, so if someone can step up and get it working it will
certainly not be removed.  As far as Vivox goes, i suspect they no longer
have any interest in OpenSimulator, you basically would need to buy a like
20,000 user license which is not cheap.  OSgrid and others have tried to
contact Vivox on many occasions and have gotten no response from them in the
past year.    OSgrids testing of Vivox ended about 6 months ago when they
shut our account off without warning or explanation, we are still waiting to
hear from them why they did this.

Michael Emory Cerquoni - Nebadon Izumi @ http://osgrid.org