[Opensim-dev] Stuck on [Friends]

LS Tinker tinker at lovejoysim.com
Fri Jul 9 23:36:53 UTC 2010

Running on a MacBook Pro (OSX 10.6.4); MySQL version 5.1.48; mono version is
2.6.4.3 (upgraded from 2.4.3 which exhibited the same problem).

Today I downloaded the RC2 source code.  Installation and compilation seem
fine.  Edited the OpenSim.ini and StandAloneCommon.ini for a standalone
installation using a MySQL database.  Logged into MySQL as root and created
the database and user and granted the user full rights to the database.

mono opensim.exe

[MIGRATIONS], [PLUGINS], [REGIONMODULES], [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE] and
[Serialiser] messages all show fine.  Execution terminates with the
following:

17:58:56 - [SERVICE BASE]: Failed to load plugin OpenSim.Data.IFriendsData
from OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll with args ,
FriendsSystem.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been
thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: No database
selected in SQL: create table migrations(name varchar(100), version int)
  at OpenSim.Data.Migration.ExecuteScript (System.Data.Common.DbConnection
conn, System.String[] script) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Data.Migration.ExecuteScript (System.Data.Common.DbConnection
conn, System.String sql) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Data.Migration.ExecuteScript (System.String sql) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Data.Migration.InitMigrationsTable () [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Data.Migration.Update () [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Data.MySQL.MySQLGenericTableHandler`1[T]..ctor (System.String
connectionString, System.String realm, System.String storeName) [0x00000]
  at OpenSim.Data.MySQL.MySqlFriendsData..ctor (System.String
connectionString, System.String realm) [0x00000]
  at (wrapper managed-to-native)
System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke
(object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags
invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters,
System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]

I have never even noticed the [Friends] section before, so this is new to
me.  This is what my [Friends] section of the ini file looks like:

[Friends]
    ; The port the friendslist interregion comms will listen on
    ; Defaults to the simulator's TCP port
    ;Port = 0

    ; Uncomment one of the lines below. Use FriendsService for local
    ; operation, Connectors for remote operation
    Connector = "OpenSim.Services.FriendsService.dll"
    ;Connector = "OpenSim.Services.Connectors.dll"

Can anyone tell me what I am missing here?

--
Tinker  :  lovejoysim.com  :  We ran away from the circus to be accountants