[Opensim-dev] OpenSim - What's Taking so long

Robert Martin robertltux at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:26:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 1:20 PM, LS Tinker <tinker at lovejoysim.com> wrote:
> As an open project - and one that embraces addons, forks, distributions,
> etc. - direction and thrust are localized in different sub-sections so that
> the trajectory of the project as a whole feels a little sluggish (even
> aimless) much of the time.  Still, we do make steady progress with good
> humor, confidence and dedication.

a suggestion for the thread starter is to fund and develop a Virtual
Worlds Content Creation System. If somebody would build the stack that
covers
1 terrain maps and textures
2 object/asset creation
3 avatar creation
that would help the Project as a whole and not have to "worry" about
getting code into OS Core (but would need say the OAR/IAR format bits
of the code).

--
Robert L Martin