[Opensim-dev] OpenSim - What's Taking so long

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 07:39:42 UTC 2010

I have a couple concerns about this proposal.

OpenSimulator has been largely developed through volunteer contributions. If
money is brought in to help speed up development, it should be spread around
to active contributors so as to not negatively influence morale among
volunteer developers. Further, asking volunteer developers to train paid
developers could further destroy morale.

Adding more developers who are not familiar with the existing code base
usually has a negative impact on development time. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month