[Opensim-dev] MAP Module - issue known to devs?

Teravus Ovares teravus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 23:08:00 UTC 2010

I think what probably needs to happen here is the map module needs to
be updated.

When it was written, the only reliable event that it could use to
determine if there's someone who could potentially want to use the map
was AvatarEnteringParcel.   That's since changed..   but because the
fallback exists, the map module still works without that..    the
first map request takes a few seconds though because it has to start
up the map thread.   Normally that would happen asynchronously when
the user entered the first parcel in the simulator.

Regards

Teravus