[Opensim-dev] OpenSim - What's Taking so long

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 8 23:01:36 UTC 2010

On 08/07/10 23:56, Melanie wrote:
> In my opinion, if someone funds open source development on
> OpenSimulator, they can say they are funding OpenSimulator development.
>
> I did EXCLUDE uses of the name to describe or promote/endorse
> anything else.

Sorry yes, on re-reading your post I suspect that we don't actually disagree.

I think it's absolutely fine for someone to say that they're funding OpenSimulator development (if they are).  I think
it's a different matter if they were to incorporate the "OpenSimulator" name directly into the name of another project
(e.g. "OpenSimulator Fundraising Project").  It's not impossible but I feel that there should be explicit core group
agreement for that kind of thing if we want to defend the name.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org