[Opensim-dev] Question about OpenSim vs Secondlife

Philip Zhao pzhao5 at wisc.edu
Wed Jan 27 01:41:22 UTC 2010

Hello
I am a little confused with OpenSim and Secondlife. I saw a lot vide on-line such Secondlife how to interact with other avatar in the visual world such as facial expression (laugh, nod, shake head, eye-ball movement and so on). I just wonder can OpenSim do these movement? And How to do it.

Also, I heard that I can write a plug-in file and allow the OpenSim to read and use. Could you give me some suggestion where I should start with. The plug-in means a brand new avatar designed by me have some movements that I want.

Thank you so much.