[Opensim-dev] Docs on format of an IAR file??

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 25 22:52:46 UTC 2010

Robert Martin wrote:
> Okay ive done an experiment and i think i have a working idea of how
> the files work
> and where i would need to do the edits i would need to tinted versions
> of clothing items
> but now i need to figure out how to link the 2 xml files in an edited
> version since it seems to me that the link happens "by magic" (none of
> the guids seem to appear in the other file)
>
> Could Somebody please give me some hints as to how the link between
> the file in the inventory folder and the file in the assets folder is
> done??

If you look in a particular inventory item file within an untarred IAR you will see something like
the following

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<InventoryItem>
   <AssetID>c833987c-704e-436b-96f1-254206b7e7df</AssetID>
</InventoryItem>

The UUID within the asset id is the pointer to the file in the assets folder.  This will have a name
such as

c833987c-704e-436b-96f1-254206b7e7df_notecard.txt

This is the only association required.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org