[Opensim-dev] [Opensim-users] configuring the log files

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 20 10:11:47 UTC 2010

Ursula MATOVA wrote:
> +1
>
> That could be nice if that configuration option could be included in the distribution, because when you run OpenSim in something like "production" mode, your log files are growing so fast that you could get some performances issues writing in them.
>
> I'm using such configuration options for a very very long time and it's very useful.

I've often thought about changing the default OpenSim.exe logging configuration in a similar manner
so if there are no major objections I may try and do this fairly soon.

By the way, there is a wiki page for logging in OpenSim at

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Logging

which already contains logging information.  There is /some/ useful information on the wiki :)

> Regards.
> Ursula.

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org