[Opensim-dev] User services refactoring status

diva at metaverseink.com diva at metaverseink.com
Tue Jan 5 16:42:09 UTC 2010

It's not just a name change; the interface has changed too, it's much
cleaner. ("login_to_simulator" still exists, obviously -- that's the
method called by the LL client, it's a method of the LLLogin service)

Once we're done with this refactoring, all (well, most...) network
handlers will be explicitly visible in OpenSim.Server.Handlers. That's
one of the major goals for what we're doing here, to have some order /
standardization in the code. Looking at that namespace, it will be very
clear what it is that OpenSim servers respond to.

With ROBUST, the difference between simulator server and other servers
is blurred, though. It's up to the people who configure the system to
decide which servers load which handlers and the corresponding services.