[Opensim-dev] User services refactoring status

Tom Willans tom.willans at bessacarr.com
Tue Jan 5 10:48:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

First thanks for all your work.

I assume from this that the webredux will no longer work without
modification and will need updating. ( Thanks again here).
Is there any information about the new authentication approach
anywhere, if not in detail then an overview. Is LDAP on the horizon?

I am mostly interested in linking php based frontends to opensim and
hence accessing the database directly. Particularly relevant is moving
away from using UUIDs.
Please forgive me if I am missing something but I assume there are no
web-services that can be called and calling C# from php is not a very
good solution.

Thanks.
Tom
On 5 Jan 2010, at 10:37, Ai Austin wrote:

> At 18:32 04/01/2010, opensim-dev-request at lists.berlios.de wrote:
>> To be honest, I don't think Sqlite should be a database type that we
>> (OpenSim) should keep alive in the project,
>

> It is useful to have a double click and go out of the box solution
> which people can try out and test with.
>
> One other use of SQLite that I am aware of and fine very useful is
> for the really simple and handy single region hosted on your own
> system that is connected to the New World Grid for any avatar using
> the "New World Studio" packaged version of Opensim. See
> http://www.newworldgrid.com/lang/en-us/land/free-land

Tom Willans
Managing Director
Bessacarr Publications Ltd
3 Highfield, Hatton Park, Warwick, CV35 7TQ
tom.willans at bessacarr.com
+44 (0) 1926 402055   +44 (0) 121 288 0281
Registered in England and Wales at the above address.  Company No:
4925067. VAT No:GB 823 9317 24.

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Bessacarr Publications Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient
you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. Please return it to the sender immediately. The
contents of this message may be legally privileged.