[Opensim-dev] TPV & opensim & physics prediction

Dzonatas Sol dzonatas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 20:40:27 UTC 2010

If there is no need for a grid server, then there would be no need for a
TOS that would try to control a TPV.

I see the issue of opensim that wants to say "can only connect client to
a grid server as supported by opensim" no different than Linden Lab's
new TOS in attempts to control TPVs.

If we modify LL's official viewer and add client-side simulation to help
dispel latency, with physics prediction, then their TOS says "no," you
have to register your special viewer to connect.

Melanie stated that opensim is grid server only (like a TOS), which in
essence, is logical equivalent to say, "you can't modify opensim in
order to add a viewer and connect to our grid server"

One obvious question is: who's grid server?

With physics prediction being equal peer to peer, why would there ever
need to be a grid server, or a TOS?

 >>> You're confusing the architecture of the software with what people
want to do with it.

So, are they saying they don't want physics prediction?