[Opensim-dev] FW: Linden Lab Viewer 2?

Hurliman, John john.hurliman at intel.com
Wed Feb 24 19:06:01 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Hurliman, John
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 11:05 AM
To: ScienceSim Discuss
Subject: RE: [scisim-discuss] Linden Lab Viewer 2?

No, there are a few issues preventing it from working. Most of them are not major, but if you try to login it might destroy some of your inventory items. OpenSim is using an older version of libOpenMetaverse that does not support at least one of the new packet types Viewer 2.0 sends (which will show up as malformed packet data in the simulator log), and does not understand the concept of inventory symlinks that the new viewer tries to create. The new viewer also does not ship with default terrain textures, so the majority of OpenSim regions that were relying on the viewer supplied textures would show up with white terrain.

I'm looking into getting these issues resolved, but it has a lower priority than grid service refactoring work.

John