[Opensim-dev] What server side changes will be needed for SL Viewer 2.x?

Daniel Smith javajoint at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 18:32:51 UTC 2010

I'm sure some of you have checked out the SL Viewer 2 beta by now ;)
The Media On A Prim functionality is fantastic..

As an experiment, I tried logging into ReactionGrid with the new viewer.
I got as far as seeing myself hover, and it hung,  Not bad, I wasn't even
expecting to get that far.

Anyone have a feel as to what would need to change on the server side
to allow logins from SL Viewer 2 / SnowGlobe 2 variants?  My hunch
is that it would be months down the road.  The holy grail, of course, would
be OpenSim + Media On A Prim.

Just wondering how much is different on the server side to support the
new functionality.

Daniel

--
Daniel Smith - Sonoma County, California
http://daniel.org/resume