[Opensim-dev] Status of presence refactor?

Kyle create at reactiongrid.com
Mon Feb 22 21:03:14 UTC 2010

How nice of you Mark!

From: opensim-dev-bounces at lists.berlios.de
[mailto:opensim-dev-bounces at lists.berlios.de] On Behalf Of Mark Malewski
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 4:01 PM
To: opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de
Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] Status of presence refactor?

Adam/Chris/Melanie/Diva,

> since I don't have any Linux machines at my disposal for mono

> testing (and my development servers will be going on shipping

> containers for a month in the very near future).

If you need any hardware just let me know.  I can set a box (or a few boxes)
up for you, just let me know what you need.  I have about 10 or 12 servers
just sitting here not being used (Quad and Eight core Xeon "Nehalem"-based
servers with 16+GB or 32+GB of RAM).

Just let me know what you need, what you want installed on the boxes
(Ubuntu, Windows Server 2008 R2, etc.) and I can get something setup for you
that you can use for development/testing and sandbox purposes.

Just let me know what you want, and I can get something built for you in a
day or so.  Then I'll give you a root login, and you can do whatever it is
that you need/want to do (I can setup remote desktop, VPN, or SSH/FTP or
whatever it is that you may want for remote access/administration).

Just let me know what OS you want, and what version of Mono you want
installed (or I can simply just install Ubuntu, or Windows Server 2008 R2 or
even one server of each, and you can install whatever it is that you want on
the box after that).

This way you have a development box (or two) that you can use remotely, and
you can share with others (if you want) for testing/development purposes.
If it will help you, Adam, Melanie, Crista/Diva, by giving you a development
"sandbox" for a 0.6.9 and 0.7 RC.  This way you can just use the box for
development, bug testing, bug fixing, refactoring and whatever you need to
do to help with the upcoming 0.7 RC.

I could setup a Ubuntu box with SQLite, and also setup a Windows 2008 R2 box
with MySQL so you can test out both the 0.6.9 and future 0.7 RC  (and use
the hardware platforms for internal development, SQLite & MySQL testing,
sandboxing and bug testing purposes of the 0.6.9 and RC 0.7)  I don't mind
hosting the servers, I have the extra equipment and bandwidth for as long as
you need them (indefinitely).  Just tell me what you want, and give me a day
to set it up.

I have the hardware, and I'm offering...

                Just let me know,

                         Mark