[Opensim-dev] How Was OpenSim "Born"?

Len Brown lenwbrown at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 09:05:45 UTC 2010

The scourge here in the US are the "patent whores" who make a business model
of doing little more than patenting as many ideas as they can and then sit
and wait for someone else to implement an idea and then slam them with a
lawsuit for "intellectual property rights infringement."  It baffles me how
anyone would allow such lawsuits to make their way through the system.

But then again, we are talking about a country where I can sue a fast food
chain if my coffee is too hot.  Maybe that's why they now offer "iced
coffee"  ?

Even if the coffee cup has posted that its contents are hot there's someone
ready to sue.  A while back I saw on the news where a woman sued because her
mother "burned" her lip from hot coffee purchased at a fast food
drive-through window and her defense was that her mother was not a native
English speaker, and thus could not understand the message "Caution:
Contents May Be Hot"

Guess what?  She was awarded half a million $.