[Opensim-dev] Opensim beginner

Nilushi perera nilushi.p84 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 06:16:18 UTC 2010

Hi
I could successfully build the opensim workspace and run the helloworld
region module. Now I am looking for more programming stuff. I tried to
change the color of hello prim. But it didnt change. Here is the code:

      SceneObjectPart sop = new SceneObjectPart();
      sop.UUID = new UUID();
      sop.CreatorID = UUID.Zero;
      sop.Shape = PrimitiveBaseShape.CreateBox();
      sop.Material = (byte)Material.Metal;
      Color color1 = Color.FromArgb(255, 255, 0, 0);
      sop.Color = color1;
      sop.Scale = new Vector3(0.3f, 0.3f, 2f);
      Vector3 pos = new Vector3(120, 128, 30);
      SceneObjectGroup sog = new SceneObjectGroup(UUID.Zero, pos,
PrimitiveBaseShape.CreateBox());
      sog.SetRootPart(sop);
      prims1.Add(sog);

Please can you help me & give some suggestions.