[Opensim-dev] personal plea on patents

Daniel Smith javajoint at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 18:40:42 UTC 2010

Excellent post.  I wonder what people think of the approach of creating
"prior art" in the near term.  Think of what is likely to be needed,
and get rough implementations/prototypes out there.  I am thinking
of Diva's point of "code fast".  It makes me think "put lots of stakes
in the obvious ground now".

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:15 AM, <diva at metaverseink.com> wrote:

> In the light of recent events, I want to make this plea explicit and
> widely distributed:
> http://www.metaverseink.com/blog/?p=30
>
> No need to panic, the project is not in danger. But it became clear to
> me that we need to raise awareness of this issue, so that people in this
> community stop and think before they file patents to please investors
> and managers.

Daniel Smith - Sonoma County, California
http://daniel.org/resume