[Opensim-dev] Presenting unga: UGAIM grid servers with PHP

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 7 22:12:15 UTC 2010

Impalah Shenzhou wrote:
> Please excuse my "violent" reaction. I misunderstood your comments.
>
> As soon as I have some free time (I suppose, for the weekend) I will
> test unga with the newer (development) opensim versions. According to
> the wiki there shouldn't be any problem, but maybe I forgot some needed
> interface.
>
> Take into account that I used 0.6.5 and 0.6.6 versions of opensim for
> the development, and these seem to be stable versions.

I would say that the picture looks like this

 Simulator          Services

+---------+      +------------+
| OpenSim | ===> | SimianGrid |
+---------+      |     or     |
                 |   ROBUST   |
                 |     or     |
                 |    UNGA    |
                 +------------+

So you can have what you like at the services end as long as it implements the set of interfaces shown as ===>.  So services can be provided by SimianGrid, ROBUST, an UNGA which looks a lot like the old UGAIM in terms of architecture or anything else.

The issue that you'll have, Impalah, is that ===> has changed quite a bit since 0.6.6, though I don't have the particulars to hand.  These changes happened at the same time as ROBUST but the two things are actually conceptually separate.

-- Justin

> Cheers
>

> 2010/4/7 Michael Cerquoni <nebadon2025 at gmail.com
> <mailto:nebadon2025 at gmail.com>>
>
>     I don't know all the of the differences honestly, I was not trying
>     to discourage you from doing it, but i do know that the older
>     versions of OpenSimulator that conneceted to the C# UGAIM services
>     will no longer connect to C# Robust Backed services, my only concern
>     was you might spend a lot of time coding and run into the same
>     thing, as long as the current master GIT opensimulator can connect
>     though you should be fine.
>
>     --
>     Michael Emory Cerquoni - Nebadon Izumi @ http://osgrid.org

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)