[Opensim-dev] Presenting unga: UGAIM grid servers with PHP

Impalah Shenzhou impalah at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 22:09:54 UTC 2010

The tests shouldn't be php vs c#, I think. PHP can be deployed on apache,
lighttpd, iss... can be used mod_php or cgi/fastcgi and this can affect
performance and code caches like apc or zend can be used to provide
something like bytecode.

For testing http I will use apache "ab". The easier tests can be made with
the assets server (it doesn't involve POST) but all of them can be tested as
well. The only problem is to define which tests to execute for the
benchmark.

Anyway I don't expect a competition. I feel comfortable with standard web
servers, but this is my case. Other people prefer to have a native and
compiled solution and they are right. Even hybrid solutions are good.
Everything depends on what you need.

In my case I wanted a scalable solution (overall horizontal scalable) and a
well tested and securable system... and apache & co seems to provide it and
with full community support.

As I said, I'll try to test with the latest versions of opensim and to
implement the new methods.

Cheers