[Opensim-dev] Thoughts on adding a generic key-value storage system to OpenSim?

Robert A. Knop Jr. rknop at pobox.com
Tue Sep 22 18:13:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 08:08:42PM +0200, Stefan Andersson wrote:
> For what it's worth, I'd rather have us encourage exploring notions of
> cloud-like and distributed services than to create a serve-all string
> storage.
>
> Pitched against monolithic database providers, I feel it's more in line with
> the OpenSim distributed, modular and decoupled mantras.

Isn't OpenSim already distributed and decoupled by the fact that it
leands towards many different "grids" and services, interoperating via
HyperGrid, than big monolithic grids?  If it's moduler at that level,
it's probably overkill to try and make it distributed and cloud-like at
the grid level.

--
--Rob Knop
  E-mail:    rknop at pobox.com