[Opensim-dev] WG: Changes to the OpenSimulator website

Ralf Haifisch ralf at ralf-haifisch.biz
Sat Sep 19 22:04:59 UTC 2009

Heho,

+1 for a new structured website

While self organized anarchical process tend to bring good results and new
ideas, they lack where it comes to the needs of people not involveld in the
process, e.g. documentation, GUI, quality mgmt etc..  opensim has a lot of
information on the website, but finding something is awefull.

While I got more it-pro´s and biz-owner interested in feb/march/april... we
seem have to been making so much improvements (aka changes), that they got
frustrated  -  documentation, release management , how-to´s are big
problem.s

On the other hand, the fact was discussed from time to time and I would
think we just lack of volunteers for this housekeeping.

+1 for a CMS
+100 for one, that supports usual WYSIWYG-Editors.

We run a web mag - and one of the biggest problem for us is, to make
different authors comfortable with input tools and keep almost same style to
the pages.   System which support common API´s, and e.g. offer to user
Windows Live Writer on Win-Platform make it easier to create and edit
articles.

Cheers,
Ralf

---