[Opensim-dev] Changes to the OpenSimulator website

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 19 09:17:06 UTC 2009

>** This can easily be made in Drupal or any other CMS system
>
>* Add a new Wiki to the website that has the latest plugins and
>MediaWiki version

+1 Drupal
+1 MediaWiki

Just to note that we also chose Drupal and MediaWiki (with single
sign on between the two) for OpenVCE.net.  We have plug ins that
allow connection to avatars and bogging and what not from wither
Second Life or Opensim.  We would be happy to share any of this with
Opensimulator if they make a site based on the same open sources bases.

See http://openvce.net

We would like to make this allow for multiple avatars and virtual
worlds, but currently its a single avatar link to each account, as
the assumption is that its Se cod Life.. though the code is all
designed to also work with Opensim except for avatar images (which
use Linden Labs web services lookup).

We will also as soon as we can get the OpenVCE 3D assets and the
Power[pint -> PDF/Zip -> web -> in world screens presenter that are
in Second Life now (from ourselves and Clever Zebra) over to Opensim
(and possibly published as an OAR) as soon as we can.