[Opensim-dev] OpenSimulator.org Wiki Editor Upgrade!

Nebadon Izumi nebadon2025 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 18:43:05 UTC 2009

I just wanted to let everyone know that a new Wiki editor has been
installed  into the OpenSimulator.org Wiki.  The FCKWiki editor should make
everyones lives editing  the wiki much easier, the default editor is still
available, and in fact still the default editor, but, now when you edit wiki
pages you will be presented at the top of the editor with the chance to
launch the "Rich Editor" which gives you a nice WYSIWYG editor, much nicer
for formatting tables and having the page look like you want without several
hours of searching wiki formatting rules.  I would love to hear any feedback
people have about the new Editor and also about the wiki in general, I would
like to hear how everyone things the wiki could be better and easier to use,
my next goal is to find a suitable search engine replacement for the wiki as
we all know how terrible the current search works,  Dave Coyle recommends if
your having trouble using the wiki search to just use the google search
engine and to enter  your search something like this into the google search
engine "

"site:opensimulator.org/wiki <search_term>"

I have tried this and it works well, im looking into possible google search
engine integration into the site, but wondered if anyone has better
suggestion?  Thanks everyone hopefully this allows us to start cleaning up
the wiki more, Fly-Man- will be holding wiki meetings on Friday at 11am PST
time, if you would like to attend and be part  of the wiki cleanup team
please contact him on IRC for more details.

--
Michael Emory Cerquoni - Nebadon Izumi @ http://osgrid.org